|Project Title||Road Widening|
|Client Representative||National Works Agency|
KIER Construction Limited
YP Seaton & Associates Co. Ltd.
|Expected Completion Date||
KIER - February 2010
YP Seaton - March 2010
Road Widening / Construction
The construction/rehabilitation work to be carried out on approximately 500 metres of the four-lane roadway along Waterloo Road has been divided into two sub-contracts. KIER has been awarded the northern end and YP Seaton the southern end of the roadway. The main contractor is R.A. Murray Limited.
The scope of works is as follows:
- Upper Waterloo Road - Construction of 250 metres of approach roads from either side of the bridge including drainage works and the installation of approximately 520 metres of sewer lines
- Upper Waterloo Road - Construction/rehabilitation of approximately 250 metres of four-lane roadway and appurtenances
- Annette Crescent – Resurfacing of approximately 630 metres of two-lane roadway and repairs to drainage appurtenances
- Old Church Road – Resurfacing of approximately 620 metres of two-lane roadway and repairs to drainage appurtenances
- Dulwich Drive – Resurfacing of approximately 800 metres of two-lane roadway and repairs to drainage appurtenances
- Land Acquisition
Legal access has been obtained for all eight parcels of land identified.
- Relocation of Boundary Walls
One boundary wall remains outstanding due to the need to schedule activities of bridge works. The others are 99.9% complete.
- Relocation of Utilities
All affected utility poles and cables have been relocated as planned.
Status at February 15, 2010
- Bridge works is substantially completed.
- Approaches approximately 99.9% complete.
- Drainage and National Water Commission (NWC) sewer line works 99.9% complete.
- Annette Crescent: Resurfacing is 99% complete.
- Old Church Road: Resurfacing IS 99% complete.
- Dulwich Drive: Resurfacing is 99% complete.
- Upper Waterloo Road: Earthworks have commenced.